THE RAILWAY REINSTATEMENT ASSOCIATION
The Greenford Branch Line
WEST EALING (CASTLE HILL & EALING DEAN)
Opened in 1871 as Castle Hill and Ealing Dene on the Great Western Railway's Paddington to Maidenhead route. The original buildings being demolished to allow new ones to be built, and opened in 1987.
From 1 March 1883, the station—then named Castle Hill (Ealing Dean)—was served by District Railway services running between Mansion House and Windsor. This service was discontinued as uneconomic after 30 September 1885. The station was located next to the London Co-operative Society's main creamery, and so was equipped with a dedicated milk train platform.
Platform one and the creamery siding were removed in 1973 ready for the new high speed trains, the 'Main' having already stopped servicing this station. But it was not until 1991 that the edge of platform two was fenced off for safety reasons.
aS WITH MANY lONDON STATIONS, TODAY THE BUILDINGS ARE ON THE ROAD BRIDGE ABOVE WITH STAIR AND LIFT ACCESS
WEST EALING JUNCTION
Arial photo of the junction showing West Ealing station far right and the Plessy Track Maintenance Vehicle factory in the middle of the 'Y' junction, then Dayton Green Station in the top left corner, just half a mile from West Ealing Station