THE RAILWAY REINSTATEMENT ASSOCIATION
THE SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE RAILWAY
WALSALL ROAD BRIDGE
Opened in 1849 and the first station to close on the line in 1909.
The station was situated on a level crossing in Harden Road, roughly on the border of Walsall and Bloxwich townships. Trains continued to pass through the site more than 70 years after the station's closure, with the line remaining open to goods trains until December 1983, the track being lifted in 1985. The trackbed, as with many former railway alignments, later became a pedestrian walkway.